Follow Us
call button

Tax Representation


representationWhen you get a notice from the IRS, don’t panic.  Jim Bales, EA is enrolled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service.  Tax Pro has always advised our clients that any time they receive a notice from the IRS or state taxing authority to let us see a copy of the notice right away.  Most often, the notice is just requesting verification of an item on the return or something reported to the IRS on a Form W-2 or 1099 does not match what was reported on the return.  These types of notices can usually be taken care with just a simple letter.

Some notices require that an amended return be prepared or a more detailed response be given to the IRS.  Any delays in responding can result in unnecessary penalties.  Just because the IRS proposes a change to your return does not mean that change is correct, so your best reaction is to have a tax professional review the notice and prepare a response for you.

Should the notice be for an audit, ALWAYS make immediate contact with your tax professional to protect your rights.  As an Enrolled Agent, Jim Bales, EA can be authorized to communicate with the IRS on your behalf.  By doing so, he will take all necessary precautions to make sure your rights are protected and keep you from having to take valuable time away from your work while the audit is being conducted.

If you have a situation where you cannot pay your taxes in full, we can help you develop a plan for getting these taxes paid.  Jim can also represent you before the IRS to put this plan in place and keep your assets from being seized or levied upon.  Never skip filing a tax return because you cannot pay the taxes due.  The penalties will be much greater if you don’t file the return and if you continuously fail to file a return, you can open yourself up to criminal charges.

We are great believers in the notion that the best representation you can receive starts at the preparation phase.  So any time you have a touchy situation or a question, please contact a tax professional for advice and make sure the stance you take on your return can be defended and withstand scrutiny.



Get Our Newsletter

* required

wheres-my-refund fed wheres my refund mo